10. “It was a traffic study: We were studying how far you could push a Jersey guy, already stuck in traffic for eight hours, before he starts punchin’ headlights!”
9. “I figured if thousands of commuters were stranded in Fort Lee, it had to be great for the local economy!”
8. “Would you believe: ‘I don’t remember, I was in a drunken stupor’?”
7. “I had to get back at that prick Mayor Sokolich somehow, and we don’t stick horses’ heads in people’s beds anymo…I mean…ever.
6. “Last year, my wife Mary Pat asked me to make arrangements to move our weekly bridge game from Monday September Ninth to Friday the Thirteenth, and I’d had a couple drinks, and I may have dialed the office instead, and then gotten totally confused!”
5. “My ‘appointees’ were just tryin’ to impress me –- tryin’ to guess what I’d do –- so they brought everything goin’ outta Fort Lee to a halt for a week, it was huge news from Day One, and I’m Governor and I don’t hear about it for a friggin’ week?!… Yep, that’s my story and I’m stickin’ to it.”
4. “I was just fulfilling my campaign promise to do everything in my power to keep jobs from from leavin’ Jersey.”
3. “The George Washington Bridge is the world’s busiest motor vehicle bridge –- it needed a rest!!!!!!!”
2. “I thought I could get away with it.”
1. “I still think that.”
Bob Sullivan’s Top Ten Everything appears every Monday.