Top ten lines from a joke you have until April 20 to memorize, so you can recite it at Easter Dinner
10. Tom, Dick, and Harry are in a VW when they have a head-on collision with a Mack truck.
9. Suddenly, they find themselves walking across these white billowy clouds towards there pearly gates.
8. As they start running towards the gates, St. Peter swoops in and says, “Wait a second, you can’t just come buzzing in here like you own the place!…”
7. “…You have to prove you learned something on Earth, and we have it boiled down to one question: What is Easter?”
6. Tom thinks about it for a while, then says, “My aunt and uncle come over, and we have turkey and cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie,….Pilgrims!”
5. Saint Peter pushes a button and Tom disappears down this fiery chute.
4. Dick’s sweating now because he’s next and there’s that fire there, and he thinks for a second, then sings, “Jingle Bells! Jingle Bells!” – Saint Peter pushes the button and he’s gone.
3. Harry, also sweating, says hopefully, “Well, it has something to do with Christ’s death.”
2. St. Peter considers this, smiles, and says, “Well, so does Good Friday; let’s be a little bit more specific.”
1. And Harry says, “There’s this massive rock, Jesus rises from the dead, He rolls back the rock, steps outside,…[pause]…and if He sees His shadow…”
Bob Sullivan’s Top Ten Everything appears every Monday.