10. Why was six afraid of seven? Because seven ate nine.
9. I for one — but that’s Roman numerals for you!
8. Did you hear about the constipated mathematician, who finally worked it out with a pencil?
7. I was quite young when I learned to count, and it was odd at first, even then.
6. When my math teacher told me I was average, I said, “That’s just mean.”
5. I’ll stop at nothing to avoid using negative numbers.
4. If I ever get taken in for questioning, I hope there’s no calculus.
3. I heard the government was doing away with Roman numerals, but all I can say is: Not on my watch!
2. A farmer saw that he had 37 cows in his field, but when he rounded them up, he had 40.
1. Why was six afraid of seven? Because seven was a registered six offender.
Bob Sullivan’s Top Ten Everything appears every Monday.