…it looks like 56-year-old Russian shepherdess Aishat Maksudova, a grandmother, recently killed a wolf with her bare hands.
Aishat Maksudova said she was tending to her cattle and flock of sheep when the wolf attacked in the village of Novo Biryuzyak, Dagestan.
The 56-year-old managed to save the calf but the wolf then turned its attention to her, clamping its jaws on to her hand.
Speaking from hospital with her hand bandaged, Mrs Maksudova said she was “not even frightened” during the wolf attack.
“With an open mouth, the wolf suddenly jumped on me,” she said.
“The wolf clawed into my leg and when I raised my arm up the wolf was just holding my hand; trying to claw my hand.”
Mrs Maksudova explained she wanted to throttle the wolf to death but was forced to reach for her axe when she could not prise the animal’s jaws open.
“So I just left my hand, and the wolf was just clawing into it, pulling on it, pulling away like this,” she said.
“And then I took the axe and hit him on the head.”
The bar has been raised, America. What have you done with your weak, flabby hands?
(h/t Adam Orbit)
Latest posts by Michael Cade (Posts)
- September = football = pick ’em leagues - September 3, 2013
- Audio files: Happy birthday, Herbie Hancock - April 12, 2013
- Audio files: The pathos of Jacko, plus muumuus and balloons - February 27, 2013
- David Lynch and Russell Brand meditating - December 4, 2012
- A 5-panel, post-Thanksgiving meditation on the greatness of the Incredible Hulk - November 23, 2012