Some links about music and sound.
- “As a doomed star spirals closer and closer to a black hole that’s about to gobble it up, it lets out periodic bursts of light that scientists liken to dying screams, scientists say…’You can think of it as hearing the star scream as it gets devoured, if you like,’ Jon Miller, a University of Michigan astronomer, said…”
- Herb Alpert’s ‘Whipped Cream Lady’ now 76, living in Longview, Washington: “…she’s cognizant of time having gone by. ‘Please don’t do any close-ups,’ she tells a photographer.”
- Ken Nordine intro on a Jacksons video
- The Prav is not impressed with Pussy Riot
- Universal Music Sued Because 62% Of A Bow Wow Video Is Actually A French Porn Star’s Music Video: “Either way, once again, we’re seeing how a major label — the same ones screaming about others copying their stuff — seems to think that different rules apply when they copy the works of someone else. Universal Music is the largest record label on the planet and one of the most aggressive in enforcing its copyrights. But, apparently it has no problem copying someone else’s video…”
- Wedding Drumming 101: A Crash Course — “Don’t play a fill every chance you get or you’ll seem insecure and overbearing. Leaving a bit of room in your playing lets someone else add to the musical conversation and helps you sound more professional and courteous.”
HEATING UP MY PLAYLIST
- Anything and everything by Starling Electric
- “Waiting for Mary” by Pere Ubu with Debbie Harry on the old David Sanborn show Night Music (the sitcom-style sax part of Sanborn is too hopelessly/endearingly out-of-place to condemn).
Latest posts by Michael Cade (Posts)
- Audio files: Happy birthday, Herbie Hancock - April 12, 2013
- Audio files: The pathos of Jacko, plus muumuus and balloons - February 27, 2013
- David Lynch and Russell Brand meditating - December 4, 2012
- A 5-panel, post-Thanksgiving meditation on the greatness of the Incredible Hulk - November 23, 2012
- Meanwhile, in Russia… - November 15, 2012